Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Something Wicked This Way Comes

There is something ominous about an empty lab in the morning. The low hum of the hoods accompanied by the still air is paradoxical. The sound of doors opening and closing can be heard, but no one is to be seen. What's even worse is that I'm stuck here in this unsettling place eating my breakfast so goddamn early in the morning because there are contractors working on the apartment. I even had to bring my tooth brush and everything since they are redoing the bathroom, just my luck. But if you have ever experienced the feeling of being the only one in a dark lab, I'm warning you there are worse things. Like living on the top floor of an apartment while workers bang on the roof literally directly over your head. Nothing like the unlocatable sounds of hammers to make a person paranoid. At one point, I was certain there was someone walking around in my room and I had to force my eyes open to check. Luckily for me, the contractors were late so instead of starting the work at 6:30, they started at 8:00. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if they came that early - usually I'm a pretty deep sleeper so I thought I would be able to sleep through it, but it's literally like they are banging on your head. Not a fan. Well, I'm off to go brush my teeth and what not and start my day - it feels like I'm living at the lab.

1 comment:

  1. haha creeptastic.
    I drove by your house this morning and they were literally peeling off the tiles on the roof...fun.

    ReplyDelete