Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What a Wonderful Day for Daydream

Despite the heavy heat, today was a glorious day. Everything made me smile, and I was as giddy as a schoolgirl. From talking to old friends to stealing a boxed lunch from some Jewish camp event at the campus center, I could not wipe the silly grin off my face. After such a hectic weekend, today was just what I needed. I spaced out at work, daydreaming about concerts and cute faces. And even though I was so utterly exhausted, I did some serious working out at the strangely empty gym before hiking to Hannaford's for some much needed food. Dinner was deliciously simple - chicken and cheese ravioli in alfredo sauce. And now I've created this blog! It's the little things in life that I've forgotten to appreciate. This past weekend was such a blur of faces, places and events I barely had time to think. Every night someone was sleeping on my futon - I started to feel like a cheap motel - and work was actually piling up on me at the lab, threatening to drown me in a sea of toxic chemicals. But today reminded me of those small pleasures in life, and how enjoyable they can be. One email, a stolen turkey wrap and easy dinner was all it took to take this day from drab to fabulous.

1 comment: