Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Drops of Jupiter

I'm actually quite enjoying this week. It's a relatively easy week for me, with no exams - a freebie week. But, I'm not spending every night trying to do something I wouldn't normally be able to do, and I'm not trying to pack in as much "fun" as I can into every night. Instead, I've just been going with the flow, doing some work here and there, doing some procrastination here and there, and having the occasional fun activity. And really, I'm enjoying myself much more that I thought I would. Mostly, I'm just not completely, totally and constantly stressed out like I am every other week, and I'm able to do the work at my own pace. Just chillin'. Plus, I really had no expectations for this freebie week. I feel like my last freebie week (my first one) had a lot of expectations bearing it down because I expected to just do crazy stuff and have a good time and not do any work at all, and there was that weight to every night. Now everything's just light and fluffy. I wish every week was like this. But I have a tough weekend/week ahead of me, though my weekend plans don't quite reflect that. There still is a part of me that wants to make the most of this week, this free time, and this general all around good feeling. But I'm learning to just let things go and to take things as they come. It's like that famous philosophical saying - "I think, therefore I am." I think, contemplate and stress out about what I think, say and do. Then, devise a plan and execute. I think I can, I think I can....

No comments:

Post a Comment