Thursday, October 28, 2010

Finally Moving

Sometimes I hate the English language. One prime example is the lack of words to describe one's emotions for another person if it's at the point where saying "I really like you" is lame and doesn't convey enough, but it hasn't reached the pivotal "I love you" stage. Because "I love you" really carries a lot of weight with it, a lot of connotations and expectations that have over time become associated with those three little words. It's a scary prospect. And "like" is just too mild and tame. It's like saying, I like mac and cheese. Liking someone can span anywhere from "oh, he/she is okay, I like him/her" to "I think I may really like him/her" to "I really like you." But that's not where I'm at. I'm stuck in language limbo trying to find words or a phrase that captures how I feel - in that in between. I'm way past liking, but not yet loving. Honestly, love scares me. I'm not ready to say that just yet. But "I really like you?" C'mon. The best thing I could think of is "I'm falling in love with you" but it still has that scary love connotation. And, me being one of the most awkward people ever when it comes to talking about emotions, it's difficult to find the right situation and time, and even if there was a perfect moment, everything inside me would seize up and I'd just keep my mouth shut. So thanks a bunch, English language, for making me more awkward than I already am.

No comments:

Post a Comment