Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Jesus, Etc.

"Death by Jumping Spider"

I don't know about you, but I think that would be one of the worst ways to go. I had just settled at my desk after doing a mini cool down work out on my floor (and got four bug bites in the procees! I really need to fix my vacuum because this floor is in serious need of cleaning). I opened my computer to check my email and do a bit of procrastination before studying for my physics exam, and noticed something crawling up my desk. One of the weirdest, scariest, craziest looking bugs of my life. It seemed like it was crawling backwards and had entire too many legs to be a fly or a spider. Turns out some of those legs were like little mouth flappy things. EW. It was a small spider, but a scary ass spider. I pointed it out to the roomie, who promptly told me it was a jumping spider, and right on cue, it jumped down a little ways on the shelf. I freaked the fuck out. Now, I'm usually okay with bugs as long as they're not really close to me/on me. Creepy crawlies scare the crap out of me, but if its a good distance away, with no chance it'll crawl on me, I can stay calm and execute a plan of action. A jumping spider is a completely different story. We immediately started yelling for one of my suitemates who is not squeamish about killing bugs like the roomie and I are, and after a couple of terrifying hops, the spider was no more. May you rest in peace, but thank god you're dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment